Content marketing is the use of content to drive brand awareness, build community, or provide educational or helpful information to your audience – all with the singular purpose of building authority in your industry or subject matter (strategy).
A lot of planning goes into creating an effective content marketing strategy. I am here to walk you through it.
Steps to creating a successful content marketing strategy:
Step One: We Meet
This gives us, you + me, a chance to meet and discuss your organization’s goals. Some things to consider include your services, your ideal target audience, and your brand’s purpose. We will meet via Google Meets or Zoom.
Step Two: Research + Data Analysis
- Market Research
- Competitor Research
- Brand Analysis
Step Three: A Data-Informed Strategic Marketing & Communications Plan
- Full Content Audit – A Review of All Your Digital Media & Assets
- Content Strategy Plan (Content Development & Content Management)
- Social Media Strategy Plan
- Marketing Strategy Plan
- Communications Strategy Plan
- SMART Goals
- Competitor Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Content and Campaign Ideas
- Master Content & Social Media Calendar
Types of Media To Choose From:
- Facebook sponsored posts
- Sponsored tweets
- Sponsored LinkedIn posts
- Fan Acquisitions
- Lead generation
- Google Ads
Earned Media/ Publicity
- Media Relations – Think broadcast tv, broadcast radio, and published print media
- Blogger Relations – Think bloggers, vloggers, and podcasters
- Investor Relations -Think of potential/ current investors
- Influencer Relations – Similar to Blogger Relations, but with influencers within target industry
Shared Media/ Social Media
- Tik Tok
Owned Media/ Content
- Create from experts
- Employee Stories
- Customer Stories
- User-generated content
- Brand journalism
- Webinars, video, photos, podcasts, & other live streams
Other Media Types/ Channels Not Listed
Other Terms for Media
- Digital Content
- Digital Media
Step Four: Final Meet + Handoff
We meet one last time (or, do we!) to review the findings, answer your questions, brainstorm more ideas, and discuss next steps.
An Important One-Time Investment!
Book A Call Here!
Without a good strategy your digital marketing efforts could be wasted.